Friday, January 30, 2009

01.30.09

Base Ten Blocks...

Something I love about my school is that we provide our students with a 30-minute intervention block at the end of each day. During this block, all non-classroom teachers work with a small group of students on either reading or writing. I truly enjoy this opportunity to work with students. I have watched their self confidence grow over the months.

Thinking back to my time in elementary school, I don't remember having Base Ten Blocks. I'm sure we probably did, I just don't remember them. (I wish they would have had something like this for me in my high school geometry class!)

1 comment:

  1. I found something you would love to do (not even implying you need it--I need it, but you would love it). Check out this site: http://www.viewfindercenter.com/onlocation-como-main/. Been there and it's even more beautiful live.

    ReplyDelete