Wednesday, January 21, 2009

01.21.09

These are the jumper cables that I keep in the trunk of my car...thanks to my dad.

Well, my father had to raise three daughters...I doubt that contributes to any of his grey hair.  ;o)

Anyway, I'm sure it goes without saying that he was protective of his daughters.  Always making sure we had enough gas in our car, calling him when we made it to our destination, could change a tire, and just being prepared in general. 

I'm not even sure when he got me the jumper cables, maybe him or my mother would know that, but I'm guessing it had to be when I was in college.  Well, I still have them today and am proud to say that I have been able to use them twice this year at work!  There have been two instances when a parent, there to pick up a student, has had trouble starting their car.  When the announcement came over the intercom, "If anyone has jumper cables, could you please go to the front of the school?" I was ready and jumped into action! 

As we helped the folks get their cars started, I even made the comment, "My dad would be so proud that I'm using these."  So thanks papa for helping me prepared for life...you never know when you might need some jumper cables.

No comments:

Post a Comment