Sunday, January 18, 2009

01.18.09

Just a piece of trivia for everyone, but Colorado's state grass is the Blue Gramma Grass.  It's a fun shaped grass - it always reminds me of eyebrows.  I have seen a number of Blue Gramma patches around Castle Rock...even in the grassy area next to Walgreens! 

Today while I was out walking our cocker spaniel, Bailey, I came across several great patches of the grass.  This particular patch caught my eye because it somewhat "glowing" in the sunlight.  I actually got down lower to take the photo.  (The photo shows just one small clump of the grass.)  Had I captured all of the individual grasses glowing, I would have gotten too much of the houses just beyond the grass.  I thought the blue sky won hands down compared to the houses.

1 comment:

  1. I almost took a photo of grass today. Hmmm, great minds????
    I would have to go with the blue sky as well.

    ReplyDelete