Tuesday, January 6, 2009

01.06.09

I actually went into today with a picture all planned out...until I looked out my window this morning while I was getting ready for work. We do have a small resident hawk that frequently cruises through the backyard, but this was not him. The hawk this morning was about 2 1/2 feet in size. He looked out of place on our fence next to the bird feeders. (I wished it would have been later in the day...he was in the shadows of the house.) He didn't manage to snag any breakfast from our yard, but we was keeping a close eye on the birds in the trees. I don't mind him hanging around...as long as he only eats rabbits or magpies and leaves my bluebirds alone this spring and summer. They are amazing creatures.
6/365

2 comments:

  1. Wow! We say a hawk on our walk yesterday and I hoped to get a shot(photo, of course) of him for my 365 page. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer!
    What a beautiful shot..Raptors are my favorite animals, besides dogs. Love the Photo challenge idea!

    Hope all is well with you!

    Diana Kenney

    ReplyDelete