Monday, January 12, 2009

01.12.09

The morning snow storm that hit Colorado surprised even the meteorologist. (Imagine that!) We got several inches in here Castle Rock...just enough to make the morning drive a complete mess! (I was glad that I only have about 7 minutes to drive.) Heading out to my car after work tonight I was met by my cold, icy car. Fortunately, the scrapping went quickly.

Well, I went into tonight's post thinking it would be short and sweet...and then I saw RJ Stangherlin's daily post on Changing Connections. Yesterday she mentioned that she would be dedicating her post to me. My first thought was, "Oh no...what pictures did she take during the DEN LC Institute?" I met Stangherlin for the first time at the conference and as she mentioned, we have stayed in touch "virtually" since July. We have been friends on Facebook and Tweeted a few times. I'm hopeful that we met in person again.

I was absolutely flattered by Stangherlin's post...I think she was too kind. I love photography...it's something I've done for many years. When I was in high school I received a horse-pack trip to the mountains near Gunnison, CO for the opportunity to photograph bighorn sheep in their lambing grounds. It was an amazing experience that I will always treasure. I do however feel that I have so much more to learn about photography. Maybe the 2009/365 Flickr Challenge will finally get me into the local photo store where I can learn some new techniques and strategies.

RJ, I loved your Animoto video. (It is still a tool that I haven't used.) If I would have known you were going to put that together, I would have been a little more picky on my first photos. ;o) And I love your photos of Allie Cat...she is a very cute! Maybe her and Fiji could have a virtual play date.

The one quality that everyone at our DEN conference admired about RJ was her ability to make people feel special and appreciated. (Those of you at our dinner table will remember a certain pink drink that was remixed several times - in order to get the perfect color to match a specific blouse.) It was a sweet gesture that made the evening special. And she continues to do that, even through the virtual world.





Turbo Tagger

1 comment:

  1. Now, Jennifer, it is you who is too kind. I love your images and they, coupled with your words, continue to inspire me with memories of the past. As I move forward, I try to hold the lens with a better eye to capturing the spirit of the day. I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete