Decided to make some treats for the class I'm teaching tomorrow night. It won't take the place of green beer, but hopefully they will appreciate them.
Easy to make treats and they can be done for any holiday.
Here's what you need:
- Square pretzels (I used Snyder's of Hanover.)
- Chocolate candy melts (Wilton is the brand I use.)
- M&Ms (For this particular batch I used mint due to the fact they were three different shades of green.)
Here's what you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Arrange the pretzels on the sheet.
4. Place one candy melt on each pretzel.
5. Place baking sheet in the oven for about 2 minutes. You will want to keep a close eye on the chocolates. You only want to get them melted enough so that the M&M can be pushed into the melted disc.
6. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and lightly press one M&M into each disc. You will want to move quickly.
7. Let the bites cool. This should take about an hour, depending on the type of chocolate you've used. If you are in a hurry, you can place them in the fridge for a little while.
1. I had pretzels and discs left over, but no M&Ms. So I replaced the M&M with a whole pecan.
2. Use Rolos or Hershey Kisses in place of the candy melts. You can still top them with either M&Ms or pecans.