Friday, January 3, 2014

01.03.14

Photo Walk & "Beauty" Before the Storm
For Christmas Chad gave me a WONDERFUL gift...a Canon EOS 70D. Alex, my brother-in-law, got me a training DVD & book. After watching some of the video I was inspired to take a walk around downtown Castle Rock. (I've lived here for nearly 10 years...have never thought about doing this.) One thing I was reminded of real quickly is that the winter atmosphere SUCKS!! I didn't get any award winning photos, but a couple that I like. Here's one of The Rock and the Castle Cafe sign. (This used to be the gathering place for quarry workers, ranchers and travelers during the 1890's.) I plan on doing a little experimenting with the color to enhance the sign...will post what I do on a later date.







Later in the evening there was a great "glow" outside. I managed to get these cloud photos. The first one is facing north and the second was looking south, just about 15 minutes later. My only regret was that I didn't have a better foreground for the second one. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment