Spicy Thai Noodles
Over the weekend I came across several Asian inspired recipes on Pinterest...decided to give one a try tonight. After looking over the recipe and the comments, here's what I did:
(The original recipe can be found here.)
1 box Thin Spaghetti
12 oz Thinly sliced & cooked chicken breast
2 tsp Ground Ginger
3 Peeled & shredded carrots
1/3 C Green Onions
1/3 C Cilantro
3/4 C Peanuts
Sesame Seeds to taste
1 tbsp Crushed Red Pepper (I would have used more, but someone in this house is a little sensitive to heat...and it's not me.)
1/4 C Sesame Oil + 1/4 C Sesame Seed Oil
4 tbsp Honey
6 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp PB2 Peanut Butter Powder
1/4 C Rice Wine Vinegar
1. Boil noodles. Drain.
2. While the noodles are boiling, slice and cook the chicken and ginger.
3. Heat both oils and crushed red pepper over medium heat in a small pan for 2-3 minutes. Strain out pepper and reserve oil.
4. Whisk in honey, soy sauce, peanut butter powder, and rice wine vinegar.
5. Toss mixture with noodles.
6. Chop green onions, carrots, cilantro, and peanuts. Add to mixture and toss.
8. Season with sesame seeds and Sriracha.