Wednesday, January 11, 2012

01.11.12

Breakfast Sandwich

While on Pinterest over the weekend I came across a good looking sandwich. But when I went back to look...it was gone! :( Anyway, I was able to remember what I needed, so I came up with this yummy concoction this am.

Here's my recipe for the half sandwich I made:
-1/4 of a small, Granny Smith apple (warmed)
-1/3 of a banana
-one slice of bread
-one serving of peanut butter
-maple syrup

1. Toast the bread and spread it with the peanut butter.
2. Cut the apples into small wedges, place in a small bowl with water (enough to completely cover the apple slices). Place the apples in the microwave for 15-30 seconds...be sure not to boil the water.
3. Place the apples on the bottom half of the bread.
4. Cut the 1/3 of banana into long slices and place on top of the apples.
5. Drizzle just a small amount of maple syrup over the bananas and top with the other piece of bread.

If you don't like maple syrup, you may want to use honey or agave nectar. You could also do some experimenting with different types of fruit. ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment