Monday, February 7, 2011

02.07.11

Duct Tape

So, I've come to a conclusion...duct tape is good for ANYTHING!! And for me, it serves multiple "foot" purposes. I won't bore you with the long story, but due to lost luggage, I had a bad fin incident on one of our dive trips...it resulted in me only being able to wear flip flops for an entire month when we returned home and scars on two toes - one on each foot. To this day I still get hot-spots on my toes. So what do I use?? Duct tape! I wrap small pieces around several of my toes and it works great!! Much better than the mole skin that comes off after one dive - I usually have to cut off the duct tape by the end at the day.

Well, I have now found a winter use for it as well. I've had these boots for years and they've become dried and cracked - resulting in water leaking in. With our recent snow and my crosswalk duty, I decided to solve that problem and duct tape them.! It worked great - no leaks! I wish I would have thought of this sooner! I only had one student comment on my new fashion statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment