Sunday, May 17, 2009

05.17.09

ISLANDS Magazine Photo Contest - Honorable Mention

Well, I was hopeful that this week I could tell everyone to run out and purchase the June issue of ISLANDS Magazine and turn to a certain page...unfortunately that's not the case.

I learned back in February that I won Honorable Mention, for a second year in a row, in the ISLANDS Magazine 20th Annual Photo Contest.  (I was able to "formally" announce anything until the magazine came out.)

My winning photo was of a sting ray laying on the sand. I took the photo while on a liveaboard in Turks & Caicos.  We were just about ready to head back up to the boat and there were two rays gliding across the sand.  They are amazing creatures and are so fun to watch.

There were only half of the photos that made it in the magazine, but you can see them all, including my stingray, by visiting the the ISLANDS web site and clicking on "Photo Gallery":  http://www.islands.com/article.jsp?ID=1000071546

No comments:

Post a Comment